Today is 4 years since my Mom went home to be with God. I miss her everyday! For those of you who have lost a parent, you know the loss. For those of you who haven't, as much as I hope you never do; I believe even stronger that a parent should never have to burry a child. I must say that I thank God all of the time for the strength he gives me. I also thank him for my wonderful support group of friends and family. In memory of my Mom, I would like to share a few of my favorite memories. Sorry, no pics, as I don't have a scanner hooked up to my phone.
I loved the trip to Florida, just Mom and myself. Of all the trips we took(my Gma and Gpa lived there-so we went about 3 times a year) this one was so much fun. Erica wanted to stay at home because she had her 1st job and couldn't get time off(I am pretty sure she had a party or two planned for while we were gone-the house was clean when we got home though!). We spent a week or so at clearwater beach, FL right on the beach. We swam, tanned, shopped, and ate. We just relaxed the whole time! I was 15 at the time. I kept telling Mom that we needed to do something fun, like rent skis or something. But, Mom was scared of those things, so she told me to pick something else. On a random thought (and because I just KNEW she would say no) I said, "we should go get my belly button pierced!" And as I waited for her to say no! I looked up and she had this look on her face like she was actually considering it! So, of course I started in with all of the reason why I should. Mind you, a week or so before I had asked when we were still at home, and of course I got the whole "not as long as you live under my roof" speech. She actually said yes! I had to use my school I'd because you were supposed to be 17, even with a parents signature, and MAC had screwed up the I'd's that year, so mine said 17. My Mom was so carefree that week and so relaxed. We got to spend so much time just talking and really enjoying time together! I never really appreciated that time together as much as I do now.
I also remember my Mom waking Erica and I up early, just to have coffee with her. She did this quite a bit, and we enjoyed it so much. All 3 of sitting around in our PJs chit chatting and drinking coffee. That woman could drink pots of coffee all day and still sleep at night. I guess this is why we were all best friends and so close! What I wouldn't give to have her wake us up for coffee now.
I am so thankful to have a ton more memories of her, and maybe if I keep this thing going, I can continue to share them with you.
I love and miss you Mom, more than words can say.
RIP Joyce Eileen Fry
8/7/51 - 3/4/06
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ashley, I love you. You made me cry. You have made your mother so proud, no doubt. There is nothing as special as a mother/child bond. YOU have that forever, no matter heaven or earth. HUGS Ashley.
ReplyDelete